Legal Counsel - Technology (5+ PQE)
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 25 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This international technology and professional services business is looking for an experienced lawyer to join their high performing legal team. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to some cutting edge legal work and be at the forefront of some major deals in the technology space.
The company is an internationally listed business with its Australian headquarters based in Sydney's CBD. The company specialises in the provision of professional services and has a focus on the technology sector. The company has a fantastic corporate culture and offers its employees the opportunity to progress within the business in both a linear and lateral way. There is significant opportunity for lawyers to engage in more 'commercial' work and there is also the potential for travel and international movement.
The Legal Counsel position sits within the company's broader legal and commercial function. An opportunity exists for an experienced technology lawyer to come on board and engage in the following:
- Providing advice to the business' deal teams in relation to the commercial implications of key transactions;
- Work on transactions from start to finish - you'll be advising the company's financial and commercial teams at all stages of the transaction;
- Being a focal point for the negotiation of key contractual terms and conditions;
- Be responsible for the escalation of any potential risks (both legal and commercial);
- Provide internal training to the business as required;
- Prepare briefs for external legal counsel and manage the relationship with external providers.
The successful candidate will posses the following key attributes:
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- Experience working as a technology or commercial lawyer (with a focus on the technology industry);
- At least 5 years' experience working at a reputable law firm or similar in-house position;
- Dynamic, flexible and able to adapt to change;
- Ability to manage internal stakeholders and competing work demands;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to 'push back' on the business where required;
- Willing to work as part of a large legal function;
- Proven performance working as part of a collegiate team;
- A desire to travel if required.
To apply please click apply or call Matthew Edwards on 02 8289 3228 for a confidential discussion.