Legal Counsel (Leasing)
Location North Sydney
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 11 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A Legal Counsel opportunity exists for a specialist property lawyer to join the company's broader legal team. The role will have a leasing focus.
The company is a household name in Australia. It is a leading provider of technology and telecommunications services. The company is widely regarded as having a dynamic and flexible working culture, with a focus on employee well-being. The Legal Counsel will have the benefit of an established property team, as well as a broader legal division.
The role would suit a specialist leasing lawyer. Whilst the position will involve a range of commercial legal work, there is a clear leasing focus and the successful candidate will be engaged in the following:
- Negotiating, drafting and settling commercial leases and related documents;
- Liaising with external parties (including landlords) where appropriate;
- Managing a significant caseload of leases - organisational skills are essential;
- Working with the broader legal team on matters relating to general commercial and property law;
- Ensuring that the company's record of documents and precedents is kept up to date.
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- At least 5 years' PQE gained from a reputable law firm or similar in-house role;
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and organisational skills are essential;
- Down to earth, sociable and willing to work in a team environment and across teams.
To apply please click apply or call Matthew Edwards on 02 8289 3228 for a confidential discussion.