Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 27 September 2018 2018-09-272018-10-25 legal 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A world leading transport manufacturer is seeking an experienced major construction and major projects lawyer to join their in-house legal team to provide legal advice in relation to new tenders, bid work and support senior management with ongoing projects.
About the Company
A global transport solutions provider, with business lines including train and light rail manufacturing, rail signalling solutions and rail systems integration. They have a strong presence right across Australia with ongoing projects in most major cities. They are seeking an experienced construction and major projects lawyer to join their in-house legal team in Melbourne.
About the Role
- Provide legal oversight in relation to new tenders including: determining contract structure and strategy for terms and conditions for bids, working as part of the bid team for all bids allocated, preparing governance documents, conducting negotiations of terms and conditions.
- Provide support to other functions involved in bid work including sales & marketing, project management, finance, insurance, bid management, engineering, structured finance, claims management.
- Support senior management with ongoing projects with interpretation and application of the contractual terms, recommending and implementing contractual opportunities, minimising exposure to commercial risks and providing ad hoc legal advice as required (including claims management).
- Provide internal training on legal issues and develop competency of staff to understand legal requirements.
- Reporting to Head of Legal.
- 4PQE+ relevant experience providing legal advice on bi and project work, with a commercial focus, including PPPs;
- Claims experience will be considered favourably;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, particularly working with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Interest in the rail and transport industry preferred.
- Ability to travel within Australia when required.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.