Head of Legal - ANZ
Consultant Chad Lawson
Date posted 27 September 2018 2018-09-272018-10-27 pharmaceuticals 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
We are searching for a Head of Legal for a global Pharmaceutical business, based in their Sydney office. This is the ideal role for a proven leader within the industry to operate in a commercially focused role and become part of the senior leadership team within the region.
The Head of Legal ANZ will advise senior business leaders and manage all day to day legal matters relating to the region. The role will lead a team of legal professionals and play a key role in strategic aspects of the company’s pharmaceutical businesses.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advise and support Australia/NZ management, local colleagues, and global legal colleagues regarding applicable legal matters.
- Coordinate with and support local litigation and other proceedings to appropriately manage the risk benefit for the company.
- Provide advice and support for local business development matters and other similar matters as directed by Global Legal management.
- Operate as a member of Global Legal leadership team and the Senior Leadership Team for the ANZ region
- Support and advise on local intellectual property matters relating to both competitor and products to ensure accurate assessment of IP and assess impact on new product launches.
- Retain, attract, build, motivate, and cultivate high performance, empowered, and engaged employees
- Oversee and provide legal support for local transactions (e.g. Alliances and M&A matters) as they relate to Australia and New Zealand
- Previous experience (10 + years) as a Head of Legal, ideally within a pharmaceutical organisation
- Qualified Lawyer
- Experience leading and developing a team
- High level of gravitas and influencing ability to engage with senior management
- Strong teamwork capabilities for cross functional collaboration both locally and globally
- Business focused lawyer who can partner with senior management to support business growth
To apply please click apply or call Chad Lawson on 02 8289 3174 for a confidential discussion.