Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 27 September 2018 2018-09-272018-10-27 legal 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
An independent not-for-profit organisation recognised by the Australian Government as a leader in its field are seeking an experienced, well rounded lawyer to join their in-house legal team on a part-time, 12 month FTC.
About the Company
An independent not-for-profit organisation, recognised by the Australian Government as a leader in its field in Australia. They develop internationally aligned standards in Australia.
About the role
- Assist General Counsel in providing legal advice, interpretation, representation and assistance on legal matters that affect or potentially affect the company;
- Ensure legal compliance with statutory and contractual obligations, and limit risk exposure;
- Ensure that legal services are provided in a timely and efficient way;
- Liaise with external lawyers.
- Prepare, review, advise and assist with negotiation and implementation of commercial contracts, in particular, Services Agreements and Copyright Licences;
- Advise as required in the areas of corporate law, contract law, intellectual property law (including copyright), privacy, competition law, insurance;
- Management of Adoption and Copyright material requests, including ensuring staff are aware of requirements for copyright and adoption access;
- Work with the business and General Counsel to instruct external legal providers;
- Assist General Counsel on the design and implementation of risk management systems and frameworks;
- Assist General Counsel in coaching and training internal stakeholders to promote risk focus and ensure understanding of key legal issues affecting their own roles;
- Maintain trade mark portfolio and assist with trade mark registrations;
- Attend to legal matters arising in connection with litigation, coronial matters, inquiries and other legal issues as they arise.
- 2PQE+ with broad legal exposure;
- Presence and confidence to deal effectively with management and other stakeholders at all levels;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Commercial acumen and well balanced approach to business issues;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Sound internal consulting skills and relationship management capability;
- Excellent analysis, research and negotiation skills;
- Outcome & results focused;
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas;
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.