Senior Legal Counsel
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 26 October 2018 2018-10-262018-11-25 legal 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000
A rare opportunity to join an exciting company as a Senior Legal Counsel. Perfect for a senior finance lawyer looking to move away from the private practice or banking space. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Treasury and Finance functions within the organisation as well as advising on some commercial matters and general legal issues where required.
A rare opportunity to join an exciting organisation as a Senior Legal Counsel. Perfect for a senior finance lawyer looking to move away from the private practice or banking space. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Treasury and Finance functions within the organisation as well as advising on some commercial matters and general legal issues where required.
- Major energy infrastructure provider in NSW and ACT.
- The network enables trading of energy between Australia's three largest states - NSW, QLD and VIC
- Convenient Sydney CBD location
- Provide advice on business banking transnational arrangement.
- Provide advice and guidance on debt finance, equipment finance and project finance.
- Assist with the drafting and preparation of appropriate security arrangements, particularly as they relate to a large infrastructure corporation.
- Work on high profile specialist financing matters including dealing with lenders and project sponsors on both international and domestic debt-financing transactions.
- Provide legal support to the business in the implementation of a capital markets programme aimed at diversifying funding sources and lengthening debt tenor.
- Advise on a range of financing matters including property finance, debt finance and general corporate finance.
- Knowledge of Debt Capital Markets is a must.
- Provide advice to the organisation on its rights and obligations pursuant to relevant Acts.
- Assist with ad hoc requests from various teams in the organisation, such as the Stakeholder Engagement Team and the IT Team (for example: draft various letters, draft and negotiate various agreements such as sponsorship agreements, IT software subscription agreements, review and update internal forms to ensure compliance with OH&S legislation, review promotional material to be used by the business at industry events, short-form agreements such as confidentiality agreements).
- Legislative Compliance & Review.
- Ensure the organisation is in good standing and fulfils its obligations pursuant to Corporations Act (Cth) 2001. Identify new or proposed legislation which may affect activities and communicate that advice to the organisation.
- Policies, procedures and relevant legislation provide guidelines and must be appropriately interpreted and complied with prior to delivery of outcomes.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Liaise with government officials, departments or tribunals on matters affecting the organisation’s activities.
- Being proactive in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively and persuasively with many internal clients and external parties.
- Represent in dealings with third parties.
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales and possession of a current Law Society Practising Certificate.
- An effective team player.
- A minimum of 5 years PQE gained from a large international Banking and Finance practice plus relevant law firm or inhouse experience.
- Experience in the negotiation and drafting of large debt refinancing transactions in various debt capital markets including USPP, AMTN and Euro & Sterling Issue.
- Experience in advising in cross currency swaps.
- Experience in dealing with and advising on ratings agency activity and obligations.
- Experience in project finance (preferred).
- Experience in advising on procurement arrangements (preferred).
- Experience in general commercial law.
- Excellent legal research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to liaise, on a daily basis, with internal and external.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.