Senior Legal Counsel - Corporate
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-05 legal 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A rare opportunity to join an exciting organisation as a Senior Legal Counsel. Perfect for a senior corporate transactional lawyer looking for an excellent opportunity to join an in-house legal team in the insurance industry. This is a specialist legal counsel role directly reporting to the General Counsel. there will be some mentoring of junior lawyers expected but no direct reports.
About the Company
A leading insurance company which has been operating in Australia for over 100 years. The company operates throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia providing general insurance. This is a newly created role to assist with the companies increasing activity.
About the Role
- Provide legal advice on variety of corporate law and finance issues, including; capital markets, M&A, joint ventures, corporate governance, general commercial contracts and advisory;
- Champion ethical conduct and practices;
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively in a high performing and customer focused team;
- Developing and maintaining an engagement model with external legal providers and other outsourced service providers in a manner that aligns with the company's strategic objectives and priorities;
- Building a deep and effective understanding of relationships with business partners to understand their business drivers and strategic priorities.
- 5 years PQE+ in areas of Corporate law gained in private practice and/or in-house legal team;
- Bachelor of Laws or equivalent;
- Qualified as a legal practitioner or admitted to appropriate professional body (ie. Law Society of New South Wales);
- Highly developed written communications, advisory, contract drafting and relationship building skills;
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to proactively provide customer centric solutions;
- Ability to triage multiple priorities and work autonomously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- A basic understanding of general insurance and/or the broader financial services industry is highly regarded, but not essential.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.