Legal Counsel - 12 Month Contract
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 21 November 2018 2018-11-212018-12-20 legal 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
An exciting opportunity for an experienced lawyer to join the Wealth Advice Team at a Big 4 Bank. You will be providing high quality, consistent, commercially relevant and effective legal services to the client and related third party business units.
About the Client
The role sits with one of the Big 4 Banks in their Sydney office. The bank is a leading institution in Australia and New Zealand. They have a real community focus and strive to have a diverse workforce representative of those they serve.
About the Role
- Providing high quality, consistent, commercially relevant and effective legal services to the client's Wealth Advice and third party business units;
- Assisting the team in delivering commercial objectives and managing risk;
- Advising and assisting with the implementation of contractual changes with the client's Wealth aligned financial planners;
- Drafting transactional contracts with financial planners such as term sheets, asset sale documentation, share sale documentation, call option arrangements and variation documents;
- Advising on and assisting with implementation of regulatory and other legal change (e.g. Future of Financial Advice reforms, Corporations Act, ASIC, Privacy, AML, ACL);
- Providing legal advice on corporate governance, operational and strategic issues;
- Providing legal advice and assistance on business projects, compliance systems and wider commercial work.
- Team player, excellent communicating skills with outstanding stakeholder management and negotiation skills.
- You will hold a Bachelor of Laws qualification, be admitted to Practice as a Barrister or Solicitor of a Supreme Court and hold a current Legal Practicing Certificate.
- Minimum Five years’ experience within Financial Institutions. Experience in Wealth Advice would be highly regarded.
- Excellent technical legal and analytical skills with experience in contractual drafting.
- Strategic thinker with strong organisational and time management skills.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.