Legal Counsel (Banking)
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 26 November 2018 2018-11-262018-12-26 legal 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A rapidly expanding bank is looking for an experienced banking and finance lawyer to join their in-house legal team. This presents as a great opportunity to grow your in-house legal career with an outstanding company.
About the Company
The bank is one of the first foreign banks in Australia and is currently experiencing a period of rapid growth. The bank offers a wide range of financial services and are seeking an experienced lawyer to join their in-house legal team to support the strategic direction of legal and compliance based on the bank's overall business strategies.
About the Role
- Preparing, negotiating and settling ISDA documentation including term sheets, ISDA agreements, CSA and short/long form confirmations;
- Providing legal support in the developments of new derivatives and structured products;
- Coordinating and liaising with the head office and other offices on all ISDA related matters;
- Providing advice and legal support on legal issues relating to retail and corporate commercial banking businesses;
- Monitoring regulatory changes and advice on current and new regulatory issues relevant to the bank's businesses; and
- Managing external legal providers and work closely with the bank's compliance team.
- 5+PQE lawyer with significant recent experience with ISDA documentation;
- Extensive knowledge in ISDA documentation and negotiation;
- Knowledge in retail and corporate/commercial banking is desirable;
- Excellent communication skills and commercial acumen;
- Bachelor degree or Postgraduate degree in Law; and
- Current practicing certificate.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.