Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-02-08 legal Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 100000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting opportunity for a commercially minded lawyer, with a genuine passion to join a booming renewable energy development company. The role would suit a lawyer with experience in project finance and/or front-end construction looking for an exciting change.
About the Company
The company is a leader in renewable energy development projects in Australia and Globally. They are a fast-paced and dynamic company with a well established and continuinally growing presence in Australia.
About the role
- Providing legal counsel to the Australian commercial team with respect to the development, financing, construction and operation of the company's projects;
- Assisting with the management of regulatory and permitting affairs, particularly during project development stages;
- Researching, reviewing, interpreting, drafting and negotiating project contracts such as power purchase agreements, EPC agreements and O&M agreements;
- Managing and supervising outside counsel; managing and taking responsibility for administrating legal budgets; reviewing and approving outside counsel invoices;
- Providing counsel on legal issues identified by construction management in connection with projects under construction;
- Providing counsel on legal issues identified by O&M and asset management in connection with projects under operation;
- Providing support with the corporate housekeeping activities of the company's Australian entities;
- Assisting with potential and actual disputes; and
- Reporting directly to the General Counsel in Australia.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience at a major law firm or with a sophisticated in-house legal department with a focus on project finance.
- Previous work within renewable energy industry desirable.
- Law degree from a leading law school.
- Admitted to practice law in Australia.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.