Location North SydneyFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-02-08 legal North Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 150000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting opportunity to join a small, fast paced and collaborative legal team with a Global Leader in building material supply. The legal team supports business and provides legal and compliance advice to the Australian and New Zealand business.
About the role
An exciting opportunity to join a small, fast paced, collaborative legal team providing legal and compliance advice to the company's Australia and New Zealand businesses. The company is a Global Leader in the provision of building material supply.
About the role:
- Negotiating significant customer and supplier contracts;
- Providing advice to the business on competition law issues;
- Working with the business and external legal representatives to resolve commercial disputes;
- Providing advice to the business on structuring, mergers & acquisitions and joint ventures;
- Working closely with internal stakeholders on property matters, and planning and environment issues;
- Working collaboratively with the business to advise on work health and safety laws and assisting the business with its compliance responsibilities; and
- Preparing and delivering training to the business in competition law, contract law and anti-bribery and corruption.
- 5+PQE with experience in commercial/corporate law.
- A genuine interest to move to a diverse in-house role.
- High level of legal and commercial acumen and in particular, expertise in contract, competition law and dispute resolution.
- Understand how to partner with the business to achieve outcomes and be able to take a strategic approach to problem solving.
- Be proactive, with a positive attitude and have the ability to deliver high quality legal advice to internal senior stakeholders.
- Professional communications skills along with highly developed research methods.
- You will need to be confident taking responsibility and working autonomously.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.