Location North SydneyFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-02-10 legal North Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 115000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A rare opportunity to join an exciting company as a Legal Counsel. Perfect for a junior to mid level commercial contracts lawyer looking to pursue a career within financial markets industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of commercial matters, which may include trading documentation, broker, technology and outsourcing agreements and company secretarial matters.
About the Company
An international trading and financial services company with its head office conveniently located in Sydney. The organisation is experiencing growth in the local and international offices, resulting in the need to expand their dynamic in-house legal team.
About the Role
• Proof read documents & contracts for:
- trading documentation (FX agreements, ISDA & CSA, prime broking agreements);
- introducer and referrer agreement;
- technology and outsourcing agreements;
- bespoke and ad hoc agreements;
- marketing and promotional materials.
• Identify issues, legal risks and potential liabilities within commercial contracts.
• Understand and apply legislative changes (such as privacy laws, new client money rules etc).
• Reading, analysing and applying legislation/policies/case law to the current business and its particular situation.
• Researching matters and providing a full answer supported by references
• Understanding of corporate information required for:
- financial services license applications;
- corporate registry services ;
- opening of bank accounts for offices in other jurisdictions.
• Preparing board resolutions (including circulate and arrange signing); preparing minutes of board meetings.
• Helping with company secretarial matters, such as:
- completing and filing forms to change company registered address (ASIC);
- registration of company trading names.
• Opportunity to work across a wide range of commercial and business needs
- Minimum 3 years PQE;
- Financial markets experience either gained from practice or in house, preferably equities or foreign exchange;
- Working independently with the business on smaller matters or as part of a team on larger and more complex matters;
- Experience/knowledge of impacts due to changes in the regulatory environment;
- Strong communication skills with examples of applying commercial judgement;
- Time mange effectively, including handling competing demands.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.