Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 1 February 2019 2019-02-012019-02-28 legal Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 70000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
An exciting opportunity to join a fast paced, dynamic in-house legal team and work for an industry leading technology company. The role will be reporting to the Head of Legal with a focus on corporate /commercial, competition/consumer, IP, privacy, spam and general litigation matters.
About the Company
The company is a global leader in technology whose global brand is widely recognised. The company is at the forefront of innovation in their industry and is constantly striving to provide new and improved products. They are seeking a talented lawyer to join their fast paced, dynamic in-house legal team.
About the role
- Providing advice to the business on a broad range of legal matters including: general corporate and commercial advice, competition and consumer laws, intellectual property, privacy, spam and general litigation matters.
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting a variety of agreements for all levels of the business.
- Reviewing marketing material including website, point of sale and social media material.
- Drafting terms and conditions for consumer trade promotions.
- Liaising with the Company’s external legal consultant(s) and law firm(s), as well as the Company’s internal affiliates and departments in connection with ongoing legal issues.
- Providing assistance to senior legal counsel in provision of advice / support to the business.
- Assist with internal reporting requirements relating to legal and compliance function.
- Assisting with day to day operations of legal compliance program.
- Ongoing preparation of compliance related training materials and providing training for staff.
- Conducting compliance administration activities.
- Admitted legal practitioner in Australia
- 2-5 years PQE
- Previous exposure in each of the areas of law detailed above (in particular, experience in reviewing marketing material and negotiating/drafting agreements), gained in a top tier law firm or in an in-house environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle matters independently in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Experience in dealing with all staffing levels and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to synthesise complex concepts and explain in commercially sound and easy to understand manner
- Commercial acumen and desire to learn about the business.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.