Legal Counsel - Projects
Salary Attractive Salary Package
Consultant Sam Renton
Date posted 25 March 20192019-04-03 2019-04-24 legal Sydney New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 130 150 150 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
An exciting opportunity for a lawyer with interest and experience in major infrastructure projects to join a dynamic and growing legal team. You will be responsible for reviewing and negotiating contracts for major infrastructure projects and the provision of legal counsel and guidance.
About the Company
The company is an energy provider that operates along Australia's east coast that takes pride in its ability to deliver the best solutions and results for its customers.
About the Role
- Review and negotiate contracts and associated documents for major infrastructure projects and provide the business with front-end advice
- Identify key project commercial and legal risks and prepare proposed solutions to project teams
- Advise on administration of contracts during the project delivery phase
- Advise on the organisation's rights and obligations pursuant to relevant Acts
- Undertake legal research tasks in various areas of law
- Communicate effectively and persuasively with internal clients and external parties
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis
- Bachelor of Laws qualification and be admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of a Supreme Court and hold a current Legal Practising Certificate
- 5+years projects experience gained in private practise and in-house
- Strong commercial drafting, reviewing and negotiating skills in the infrastructure space
- Ability to work independently and be team-focused
- Exposure to one of the following areas of law: Energy, Property, Planning & Environment and Employment
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply please click apply or call Sam Renton on +61 2 82893154 for a confidential discussion.