Inhouse Legal Counsel
Salary AUD90,000 - AUD135,000 per annum
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Bracken Finch-Reeves
Date posted 4 April 20192019-04-04 2019-05-04 legal Sydney CBD New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 90000 135000 135000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
This international insurance company is looking for an in-house counsel with 2 - 5 years PQE in private practice. To be successful in this dynamic inhouse environment you will be commercially focused, take a collaborative approach and be able to juggle competing priorities. For your services you'll be remunerated well, enjoy an excellent team culture and get exposure to excellent and diverse work.
- Providing quality, commercially focused and strategically aware legal and governance advice to the relevant stakeholders;
- Manage relationships with external counsel;
- Establish strong relationships across the business to understand key business drivers;
- Contribute to a highly effective in-house legal team through mentorship, professional development and the provision of feedback to junior staff members;
- Manage all legal aspects of new projects and initiatives as they arise.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Qualification as a legal practitioner in NSW or Victoria;
- 2 - 5 years PQE across a law firm or large in-house team;
- Legal experience in the following areas, general insurance, claims and coverage, licensing requirements, FSR and Chapter 7, dealing with regulators, commercial contracts, procurement and advisory matters.
- Exceptional communications skills;
- Proven stakeholder and project management; and
- Advanced understanding of general insurance and the financial services industry.
To apply please click apply or call Bracken Finch-Reeves on +61 2 8289 3169 for a confidential discussion.