Location North SydneyFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-16 2019-05-16 telecommunications North Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 110000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The Legal Counsel role will focus on providing strategic advice and risk analysis as well as reviewing, drafting and negotiating relevant contracts within the telecommunications industry. You will be partnering with the business' Strategy, Finance and Sales functions primarily but may be asked to assist within other areas of the business and legal team from time to time.
About the Company:
A leading Australian Telecommunications company providing mobile and fixed broadband services. A company with over 2000 employees across Australia, focused on optimising the enjoyment of it employees at work by allowing them to be themselves and seeking to work in creative way within an inclusive and supportive environment.
About the Role:
- Providing strategic advice and risk analysis for key areas of the business as well as drafting, reviewing and negotiating relevant contractual arrangements in consultation with the relevant stakeholders;
- Delivering timely, creative and commercially astute strategic legal advice and support to a professional level, that is cost-effective and directly aligned to the business’ operational and strategic plans
- Acting as a trusted adviser to key stakeholders within the business, anticipating business, legal and regulatory issues, and seeking to effect pragmatic customer focused solutions to achieve desired business outcomes;
- Assisting with privacy risk assessments across a broad range of projects and providing advice on managing privacy and data protection issues;
- Building effective relationships and positively influencing the business and key stakeholders by acting in a manner closely aligned to the business’ values;
- Identifying opportunities to improve processes for contracting and engaging the legal team, and driving the implementation of process improvements;
- Providing advice on regulations and assisting with submissions to regulators and government bodies on proposed regulatory changes;
- Providing support to the relevant Head of Team, Head of Legal and General Counsel;
- Providing legal training as and when required; and
- Adhering to business policies and procedures as introduced and varied from time to time.
- Legally qualified (holding a current practising certificate) with minimum 3 years PQE in top-tier or mid-tier law firm, and experience in a large corporate in-house environment;
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills;
- Well-organised and excellent planning skills, particularly the ability to set clear priorities, monitor and achieve specified outcomes; and
- Genuine team player with excellent relationship-building skills, enthusiastic, proactive and innovative.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.