Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Sam Renton
Date posted 6 May 20192019-05-06 2019-06-05 legal 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
An exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic in-house environment. As sole in-house counsel, you will work on a variety of legal issues within the property industry. This role will appeal to a strong property lawyer with a broader commercial background, looking to progress their career in the in-house space.
About the Company
A rapidly growing property developer that has been established for over 10 years. Their diverse portfolio of residential, commercial and retail projects extends through the Australian Eastern Seaboard. Their passion for property and capacity to deliver is highlighted by an extensive selection of successfully completed projects and their further visions for expansion.
About the Role
- Preparation and finalisation of lease agreements, both complex commercial retail leases and general lease and license agreements. Leases include childcares, shopping centres (all states), some residential
- Lease work shall include the in-house preparations, negotiation with tenants solicitors and engaging and cooperating with lessors mortgagees to obtain consent. It will also require engaging with law stationers (currently Spectrum Client Solutions) to ensure registration of the leases at NSW LRS.
- Assist in the acquisition (including all due diligence) of retail, residential, commercial and rural land which can total over $200million in all states nation wide per year
- Preparation of subdivision documentation including 88B easements, rights of way documents, including (if strata) the development of by-laws and all other dealings as required by Council or relevant authorities to effect registration of the development
- Advice in relation to franchise agreements and effect on Landlords
- Liquor Licensing- general advice
- Transactional and general advice
- Shareholders and unit holders agreements
- Due diligence and general contract negotiations
- Trademarks and copyright- general advice
- General enforcement, letters of demand and NCAT applications
- Loan Agreements and General Security Agreements
- Personal Property Securities- general advice
- Creation of Testamentary Trusts (drafting and general advice)
- Company Powers of Attorney
- 2+ years PQE in Australia
- Property and Commercial Law experience in Private Practise
- Previous In-house experience desired, but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ensure punctual attendance for all internal and external business commitments
- Maintain a well groomed and business like appearance
To apply please click apply or call Sam Renton on +61 2 82893154 for a confidential discussion.