Salary Attractive Salary
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Sam Renton
Date posted 8 May 20192019-05-13 2019-06-07 legal 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
An exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic in-house environment as a Director (legal). This role will appeal to a strong Capital Markets lawyer with experience in M&A, Equity Capital Markets and Debt Capital Markets.
About the Company
The company has a commanding international presence as a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.The company partners with leading corporate and institutional investors in their offices in more than 40 countries. They cover a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management.
About the Role
- Assisting in the preparation, review and negotiation of transaction related documentation including, confidentiality agreements, engagement letters, underwriting agreements, opinions and comfort letters;
- Advising and assisting bankers on diligence and disclosure matters on capital markets transactions
- Coordinating and responding to queries from bankers and other administrative and control functions on legal matters relating to or arising out of the corporate and investment banking business and international transactions;
- Along with compliance, providing guidance on the interpretation and implementation of laws and regulations and company policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Participating in developing and revising policies, procedures and standardised documentation for the company;
- Identifying changes in regulations or market developments and updating the business and other functions;
- Identifying and assisting in developing training opportunities for bankers;
- Engaging and managing outside counsel, as necessary;
- Liaising with the litigation and regulatory investigations team as needed to address investigations, disputes and litigation matters;
- Developing a relationship with bankers as a trusted strategic partner to the business; and
- Providing sophisticated and practical advice to the business.
- Top tier law firm in the area of international corporate transactions, with experience in Australian capital markets transactions Including length of experience.
- In-house experience with an Australian or international financial services company covering corporate and investment banking transactions.
- Knowledge of The Listing Rules, Corporations Act and other laws of Australia relevant to mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and other corporate transactions Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
- Australian qualified lawyer with at least 6 years PQE.
- Any of Bachelor of Laws (Hons); Masters of Law (LLM) or Doctor of Law (SJD or JD) from an internationally recognised law school.
To apply please click apply or call Sam Renton on +61 2 82893154 for a confidential discussion.