Salary Attractive Salary + Car Allowance
Consultant Sam Renton
Date posted 14 June 20192019-06-14 2019-07-14 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Sydney New South Wales 15 Bourke Rd, Mascot AU 2020 AUD 91000 91000 91000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the in-house legal team of an internationally recognised logistics company. This role suits a lawyer with a general commercial background and has a large focus on the review and drafting of contracts.
About the Company
This logistics company strives to be the leading logistics company in the world. It boasts over a thousand employees and a strong presence across all of Australia and the foundations of its business model are defined by simplicity and excellence.
About the Role
- Provides general business legal advice
- Drafts and reviews contracts and other documents in relation to any transaction, project or other matter in which the Counsel is directly involved;
- Works with external legal service appointed by Head of legal in any area of law outside Counsel’s area of specialisation/competence;
- Attends management and project meetings as directed by Head of Legal to provide legal advice or understand the business context in which such advice and services are to be delivered;
- Assist Head of Legal to control cost of selected external legal resources;
- Provides monthly reports to Head of Legal;
- Support Head of Legal to proactively advise country management on any development in the law applicable to country and business unit and assist Head of Legal to design and deliver legal training courses on legal topics relevant
- 2-5 years of legal practice either within commercial law firm or in in-house legal department
- Ability to apply legal knowledge and expertise into business environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good understanding of the business's activities;
To apply please click apply or call Sam Renton on +61 2 82893154 for a confidential discussion.