Location North SydneyFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 20 June 20192019-06-20 2019-07-20 legal North Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 130000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting role to work with a leader in the technology industry in Australasia. This role will appeal to a strong technology lawyer looking to progress their career in the in-house space. Join a strong, dynamic in-house team.
About the Company
The company works with organisations and communities around the world to solve their biggest challenges, imagine new possibilities, and help move them to a better place by connecting people and technology. Built on strong local values, world-class technology, and experienced people who genuinely care, The company sets a new standard in IT services.
About the Role
- Reviewing technology contracts for legal and commercial risks (outsourcing agreements, services engagements, software licensing and development, systems integration projects, procurement and third party supply arrangements).
- Drafting contracts, amending clauses and suggesting contracting options for the business.
- Advising the business on disputes, issues and interpretations in a legal and commercial context.
- Working with the business to provide legal and commercial advice for customer and supplier engagements, joint ventures, partnerships and teaming arrangements.
- General legal advice as needed in the business, including IP, property matters (leasing), employment, corporate and general commercial matters
- RFPs, pre-sales work.
- Working with the business to review customer RFPs, pre-sales activities and advise on potential risks and opportunities.````````
- Assisting in negotiating with customers, suppliers and other business partners.
- Maintaining and developing online tools and knowledge databases.
- Creating, enhancing and improving templates, policies and internal documents for the business.
- 5+ years PQE, mainly in Australia.
- Top-tier firm experience preferred, but niche technology practice also considered.
- Background or experience in the technology sector.
- Strong academic background.
- Previous in-house experience a plus, but not essential.
- Ability to understand business drivers, goals and corporate objectives.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.