Salary attractive salary package
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 25 June 20192019-06-25 2019-07-25 legal Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 120000 135000 135000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The role will provide legal support to the organisation’s various business units and provide exposure to a broad range of transactional, advisory and compliance work across various areas of law (including corporate, intellectual property, privacy, property, insurance and employment law) and diverse industries. You will work closely with the General Counsel & Company Secretary and the Senior Legal Counsel in relation to project work and improving risk management procedures and measures within the organisation.
About the Organisation:
A dynamic organisation looking to recruit a Legal Counsel to join their North Sydney office. The national organisation has over $300 million in net assets, $275+ million in annual revenue and almost 800 employees.
The organisation is responsible for servicing a wide array of businesses across Australia, ranging from large corporate entities to smaller businesses. Its operations include consulting, legal, employment, community care and labour hire services. It is one of the leading organisations in its field.
About the Role:
You’ll have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, a dynamic General Counsel & Company Secretary and Senior Legal Counsel who have spent their careers working at top-tier law firms and premier financial services organisations. You'll be the legal business partner for specific business units within the organisation and will therefore have the opportunity to work autonomously and develop key stakeholder relationships.
- Review, negotiate and draft a range of commercial contracts, including high value revenue contracts.
- Support the General Counsel & Company Secretary and Senior Legal Counsel in relation to various matters, including project work and the design and implementation of risk management, training and compliance frameworks.
- Assist with the management of M&A work and the management of the insurance programme, including insurance claims management.
- Develop and maintain core legal precedents for use by the business units.
- Provide sound, pragmatic and commercial legal advice.
- Manage disputes and litigation involving group companies.
- Perform the company secretarial role for certain subsidiaries, including providing advice in relation to governance and Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) requirements.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the various business units to ensure that the group complies with its legal obligations and manages risk within agreed parameters.
- Brief and manage external counsel.
• Admitted as a solicitor in one or more States in Australia and has at least 4 years PQE in a top or mid-tier law firm with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas:
o mergers and acquisitions;
o general commercial contracting;
o regulatory advisory work;
o company secretarial responsibilities;
o employment/human resources; and
o information technology contracting.
• In-house experience (gained through a secondment or otherwise) would be regarded favourably, but is not essential.
• Experience with the health, community care or labour hire industries highly regarded, but is not essential.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including innovative thinking.
• Strong stakeholder management capability.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
• Possesses an eye for detail and strong analytical and drafting skills.
• Ability to work confidently, whether autonomously or within a team.
• Ability to competently navigate areas of law outside of his or her specialisation.
• Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and work to tight deadlines.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.