Salary attractive salary package
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 24 July 20192019-07-25 2019-08-23 legal Sydney CBD New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 200000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The role will focus on leading the legal department in Australia for FRV Services Australia, a global renewable energy company. FRV have an established pipeline of projects and an ambitious approach to continued growth. As the leader of the legal department the role is a critical position to support the company achieve their goals and continued success.
Robert Walters has been exclusively retained to search for a General Counsel to join FRV Services Australia.
About the Company
A leading global developer of large-scale solar power plants with a presence in Australia of close to 10 years. The company is driven by their core values of inspiring change, commitment, talent and sustainability. Passion for the renewables industry is at the heart of everything they do and at the core of the company's DNA.
About the Role
- Lead the legal department of the company; manage and mentor a mid-level in-house counsel
- Provide direct legal support to the Managing Director for the company
- Provide senior-level counsel to management and commercial teams with respect to utility-scale photovoltaic projects
- Research, review, interpret, draft and negotiate project documents such as power purchase agreements, EPC agreements and O&M Agreements
- Research, review, interpret, draft and negotiate financing documents
- Manage and supervise outside counsel within budgetary constraints and review and approve outside counsel invoices
- Provide counsel on legal issues identified by asset management in connection with operating projects
- Assist with management of litigation and other dispute resolution processes
- Assist with management of regulatory affairs relating to the Australian business
- Provide reports to and participate in meetings with Chief Legal Officer of the global company as needed
- Law degree from a leading law school
- Licensed to practice law in Australia
- Minimum of 8 years PQE
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience at a major law firm or with a sophisticated in-house legal department with a focus on project finance
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.