Senior Legal Counsel (Construction)
Salary attractive salary package
Location North SydneyFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 26 August 20192019-08-29 2019-09-25 legal North Sydney New South Wales AU 2060 AUD 200000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
You will be a senior member of the corporate legal team at the head office, working on large scale construction projects within New South Wales and Queensland.
About the Company
The company is an industry leader within Australia and are looking to add to their high performing in-house legal team. The company are delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry with an ability to provide a diverse, interesting and engaging work environment.
About the Role
- providing practical and commercial solutions to project risks;
- drafting Commercial Risk Assessments (CRA) and identifying key risks from a legal perspective;
- engaging with senior management and tender teams through the various phases of a tender to completion of a project;
- drafting tender qualifications, project specific subcontracts and assisting with negotiations;
- providing legal advice to senior management, tender and project teams;
- guiding and mentoring junior legal counsels; and
- providing internal assurance as to compliance regarding policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Law (LLB or equivalent)
- 10 years +PQE, ideally made up of private practice and in-house experience in the engineering and construction sector
- Qualified to practice as a solicitor in NSW or other Australian jurisdiction - holding (or entitled to hold) current practising certificate
- Exposure to all forms of engineering and design and construction contracts prevalent in the Australian market
- Excellent legal drafting skills
- Risk assessment and risk mitigation skills - ability to identify risks/issues and offer commercially appropriate solutions to manage/ mitigate risks
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.