Legal Counsel (Energy)
Location North SydneyFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 3 September 20192019-09-08 2019-10-03 legal North Sydney New South Wales 821 Pacific Highway, Chatswood AU 2067 AUD 140000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Join a fast paced, dynamic company as a valued member of the team providing specialist legal advice to assist the company grow and develop their Australian presence. You will be working closely with senior stakeholders in the business.
Denison Gas Limited has exclusively retained Robert Walters to search for a highly motivated and commercially astute lawyer to join on a part-time basis.
About the Company
Denison Gas Limited (“Denison Gas”) is an oil and gas explorer and producer with a focus on supplying the Australian east coast domestic gas market. The head office is based in Chatswood, New South Wales. Denison Gas operates 14 gas fields across 10 Production Leases and 2 PCA’s with a current stock of 65 wells. In support of this production, Denison Gas operates 2 gas processing facilities, 4 additional gas compression facilities and a 200 kilometre gas pipeline network connected to the east Australian gas market via the Jemena Queensland Gas Pipeline.
About the Role:
The role of Legal Counsel is an important function in Denison Gas, with responsibility for:
- Providing legal services in relation to joint venture, contractual, regulatory and commercial issues arising within Denison Gas, including:
- Service agreements for drilling, workover, seismic and facilities construction activities
- Confidentiality agreements;
- Purchase orders and Consultancy agreements for the provision of services;
- Joint venture agreements including farm-in arrangements;
- Acquisitions and divestments of assets;
- Petroleum sale and purchase agreements;
- Gas and liquids transportation and processing agreements;
- Title management including environmental approvals;
- Land access agreements, including landowner, native title and cultural heritage issues; and
- Handling of disputes.
- Drafting legal agreements and preparing, negotiating, reviewing and settling legal agreements.
- Monitoring changes to the legislative and common law framework and preparing advisory notes to management and staff and submissions to external stakeholders on behalf of Denison Gas.
- Providing legal input into Denison Gas's risk management processes.
- Recommending legal strategies to the General Counsel based on current and anticipated business requirements.
- Advocating or presenting Denison Gas's position on matters of legal significance in various forums.
- Providing feedback to the General Counsel on the provision and cost efficiency of external legal services used by Denison Gas.
- Current Australian practising certificate.
- Minimum 3 Years PQE in a diverse commercial legal practice.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills; good interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrable experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Ability to deliver practical outcomes for the business.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.