Senior Legal Counsel (Construction)
Salary attractive salary package
Location North SydneyFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 20 November 20192019-11-27 2019-12-20 legal North Sydney New South Wales AU 2060 AUD 200000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
You will be a senior member of the corporate legal team at the head office, working on large scale construction projects within New South Wales and Queensland.
About the Company
The company is an industry leader within Australia and are looking to add to their high performing in-house legal team. The company are delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry with an ability to provide a diverse, interesting and engaging work environment.
About the Role
- Advice and assistance in conducting claims or defence of claims
- Analyse contractual insurance and other relevant legal rights and obligations
- Review documentary evidence and interview witnesses, where necessary taking statements
- Attending negotiation meetings and other forums for resolving disputes
- Drafting submissions and settlement agreements to expert determiner/arbitrator
- Mentor junior members of the legal team
- 8 years +PQE, ideally made up of private practice and in-house experience in the engineering and construction sector
- Qualified to practice as a solicitor in NSW or other Australian jurisdiction - holding (or entitled to hold) current practising certificate
- Ability to draft contracts, notices, pleadings, submissions, statements, affidavits, correspondence
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.