Associate, Dispute Resolution
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Emma Linden
Date posted 23 October 20192019-10-23 2019-11-22 legal Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 120000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
You will work on challenging and complex disputes, providing exceptional legal service to both Australian and international corporations.
About the Organisation
Our client is a leading national law firm who are engaged by major Australian and international corporations as legal counsel on their business activities, disputes and most challenging transactions throughout Australia and surrounding regions.
There are over 60 partners nationally, supported by more than 200 lawyers who are ranked as leading in their fields by Chambers Asia-Pacific, Asia Pacific Legal 500, Best Lawyers and Doyle's Guide.
This firm was established over 20 years ago as a boutique however has rapidly grown to become a leading independent Australian firm
This full-time role in the modern Sydney CBD office will work closely with Partners and other legal practitioners to play a key role in a variety of Dispute Resolution matters. Key responsibilities will include the following:
• Work closely with, and under the supervision of, senior lawyers on regulatory disputes, corporate and commercial litigation and competition matters in the disputes team.
• Prepare technical and accurate briefs to counsel and experts for court hearings and mediations.
• Draft correspondence to clients and other parties and liaise with statutory authorities.
• Perform Legal research.
• Analyse documents and other evidence.
• Prepare evidence including drafting witness affidavits.
• Assist in the preparation of advice.
• Draft court documents.
• Prepare cases for hearing;
Key Skills and Requirements
• At least two years of broad experience in commercial litigation;
• Advanced legal research and drafting skills
• Knowledge of legal terminology and principles
• The ability to analyse legal documents for accuracy
• Use of document management systems
• The ability to review documents and to identify and collate evidence
• Tertiary qualification – Bachelor of Law
• Ability to liaise and communicate with internal and external clients on all levels;
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral;
• Client focused approach.
• Strong organisation abilities;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• A willingness to take the initiative;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with limited supervision;
• Ability to set own goals and objectives to; and
• The ability to prioritise and work under a tight schedule
• The ability to work collaboratively across various offices
• Competitive remuneration and benefits
• Collegiate environment and positive culture
• High quality training and mentorship
If the firm hallmarks are right, then financial success will follow. These hallmarks are
• Promote the firm: promote the reputation and standing of the firm while acting with positive intent.
• Look after one another: make sure others are okay, help wherever you can, pursue excellence together.
• Take the long-term view: a commitment to continuous development, training people, building strong working relationships, being loyal to long-standing clients.
• Good business sense: only do things that make sense for us, having regard to our development goals and desire to build long lasting relationships with clients.
To apply please click apply or call Emma Linden on 02 8289 3168 for a confidential discussion.