Associate General Counsel
Salary Competitive salary
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Adam Caccioppoli
Date posted 14 October 2016
Excellent opportunity for a top tier candidate to challenge their legal and leadership ability in a role that provides significant hands on legal work in addition to management and strategic responsibilities.
Please Note: This role is based in Wellington, New Zealand
The family owned Todd Corporation is one of New Zealand’s largest and most successful companies, with staff located across New Zealand, Australia and North America.
With a family and business history dating back to 1884, the Company now has interests in oil and gas exploration and production, electricity generation and retailing, property development, minerals, healthcare and technology. Through enterprise, professionalism and by caring for its employees, the community and the environment, The Todd Corporation continues to grow and prosper.
Reporting to the Group General Counsel, this Associate General Counsel position (“Associate General Counsel”) will be responsible for leading the provision of legal advisory services across a range of practice areas, with a particular focus on Energy, Group Services and Dispute Resolution.
Part of the legal senior leadership, the Associate General Counsel’s responsibilities will include leading and managing a small team and developing innovative and practical solutions for complex legal matters.
- Large scale, complex transaction and operational work across the Energy and other sectors
- Providing legal advice to Group Services including Human Resources on employment law matters
- Managing the Group’s dispute resolution matters
- Leadership and management of a small team
- The Associate General Counsel will possess a strong LLB, a valid New Zealand practising certificate or ability to obtain one, at least 12-15 years post qualification experience and will be able to clearly demonstrate through previous experience –
- Relevant energy sector experience, ideally gained from both private practice and in-house
- Well developed commercial acumen, strong operational experience and the ability to contribute to a range of corporate and commercial activities, including significant experience negotiating and drafting commercial contracts
- Strong dispute resolution and dispute resolution management experience
- In-depth understanding of legal principles and the ability to apply them in practical situations
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead successful teams, including contractors
This is a significant and rare senior legal position in Wellington with a very good remuneration package and development opportunities on offer. Robert Walters has been appointed by The Todd Corporation to exclusively manage this process.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 23rd October 2016. N.B Job # 375070
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Adam Caccioppoli on 04 471 9718.