Corporate Lawyer (2-4 PQE)
Salary Attractive package
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 17 October 2016
Position available for a mid-level corporate lawyer to join the team at an international firm. The firm specialises in corporate law and is home to some of Australia's most highly regarded practitioners. Attractive salary package on offer for the right candidate.
The firm is a global player in the corporate space and has an exceptional reputation in the Sydney market. The firm's clients include international corporates and the corporate team has recently worked on high value transactions in excess of $10 billion AUD.
The firm is renowned for its hard-working but inclusive culture. The firm's lawyers are subjected to high quality corporate work across the M&A and ECM space.
The role sits within the corporate team and reports into a number of partners within that space. The role will involve:
- Corporate transactional work across the M&A and ECM space, including takeovers, business and asset acquisitions and disposals, restructuring, joint venture arrangements, ASX listing rule work and corporate governance.
- Managing a caseload which includes straightforward and relatively complex matters. Close partner support will be provided.
- External liaison with the firm's high-value client base.
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia.
- At least 2 years' PQE gained in a top-tier Australian law firm.
- Excellent academics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Developed written and verbal communication skills.