Legal Counsel - Property
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 18 February 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
We are working with one of Australia's most dynamic and fast-growing property development and funds management businesses. The General Counsel is looking to add an experienced property lawyer (ideally 7-10 PQE) to the legal team. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic business and oversee its growth. Candidates from reputable law firms or in similar in-house roles will be considered.
The company is an international business dedicated to property development and funds management. It has offices across the Asia Pacific region. Its Sydney office is growing, as is the legal function. The legal team is currently made up of two senior lawyers, each with a background in the property industry. The General Counsel has had experience working for some of Australia's leading law firms and has been the GC of property companies in the past.
The company's Sydney office is located in the heart of the CBD.
One of the company's major selling points is its growth potential. The company has expanded considerably in recent times and part of this role will be assisting with that growth.
The vacancy sits within the legal team, which is a small but high performing unit. The role will be broad but with a focus on the property and construction space. The work will include:
- Drafting and reviewing documentation such as leases and agreements for lease, property sale agreements, construction contracts, consultant agreements and other documents such as non-disclosure agreements;
- Managing external law firms, obtaining quotes and ensuring the firm performs within the terms of the quote;
- Providing company secretarial support to the General Counsel and wider business;
- Working closely with key internal stakeholders (fund managers, investment and relationship managers etc);
- Assisting with internal compliance procedures and managing the company's compliance framework;
- Developing and maintaining a precedent library.
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- At least 7 years' PQE gained from a reputable property practice. In-house experience is desirable but not essential;
- Must have a passion for working in the property industry;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Down to earth, sociable and willing to work in a team environment.
To apply please click apply or call Matthew Edwards on 02 8289 3228 for a confidential discussion.