Media and Public Affairs Advisor
Salary AUD83000 - AUD100000 per annum + Super + tier 1 technology enterprise
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Sharna Barrett
Date posted 29 August 2016
An opportunity to work for the largest insurance start up in Australia. You wil have: * strong experience in high stakes, multi stakeholder issues management * experience in whole-of-business media & external communications strategy development. * industry knowledge & experience in PR, Media relations; and/or Government & Politics; and/or Communications Consultancy (ie: experience on the B2B communications consulting side, working on complex, contentious and high stakes issues for large clients
This is a unique career opportunity to coordinate the planning and help execute the implementation of high quality Media and Social Media campaigns that help drive the organisation’s strategic, operational and thought leadership objectives. You will be key in supporting the Media & Corporate Communications Manager in the protection and enhancement of the organisation’s reputation through high-value Media and Social Media campaign execution across the organisation’s service lines.`
- Strong experience in External Communications, Issues Management and Social Media engagement in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Well-developed industry knowledge of General/Personal Insurance; and/or Government; and/or Financial Services
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to draft and edit external communication materials
- Managing the organisation’s Media Monitoring systems
- Experience in project-managing multiple Media & Public Relations programs
- Ability to implement best practice Corporate Communications process and protocols, and research media and public policy
- Strong working knowledge of the Australian media landscape (business, political/government, trade; and broadcast media contacts)
- Highly developed media relations and pitching skills (pitching to senior journalists)
- Demonstrable ability to develop, project-manage, measure & report on the impact of Social Media campaigns
- Proven ability to effectively monitor and control work undertaken by agencies and suppliers.
- Must have Tertiary level qualification (at degree level) in: Media/Communication, or Politics, or Commerce/Business.
- Strong work ethic
- Supportive team-player
- Positive and professional ‘can-do’ attitude
- Capacity for executing high quality work
- Results and outcomes focused
- Dynamic and agile thinker and operator.
- A focus on continuous learning and professional development
- Trustworthy with a high level of integrity
- Politically and socially-aware.
This is a challenging role suitable to a candidate that is ready to learn and willing to get their sleeves rolled up and add value to this growing Media and Corporate Affairs team. Please contact Sharna Barrett if you are ready for this new venture.
To apply please click apply or call Sharna Barrett on +61 2 8289 3132 for a confidential discussion.