Media and Public Affairs Officer
Salary challenging role and dynamic team environment
Consultant Roshni James
Date posted 2 December 2016
This is a unique career opportunity to coordinate the planning and help execute the implementation of high quality Media and Social Media campaigns that help drive this government organisation’s strategic, operational and thought leadership objectives. You will be key in the protection and enhancement of the organisation’s reputation through high-value Media and Social Media campaign execution across this government organisation’s service lines.
- Strong experience in External Communications, Issues Management and Social Media engagement in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Government experience in dealing with Ministerial Offices
- Well-developed industry knowledge of Government; and/or Financial Services
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to draft and edit external communication materials
- Experience in project-managing multiple Media & Public Relations programs
- Ability to implement best practice Corporate Communications process and protocols, and research media and public policy
- Strong working knowledge of the Australian media landscape (business, political/government, trade; and broadcast media contacts)
- Highly developed media relations and pitching skills (pitching to senior journalists)
- Demonstrable ability to develop, project-manage, measure & report on the impact of Social Media campaigns
- Proven ability to effectively monitor and control work undertaken by agencies and suppliers.
- Must have Tertiary level qualification (at degree level) in: Media/Communication, or Politics, or Commerce/Business.
- Strong work ethic
- Supportive team-player
- Positive and professional ‘can-do’ attitude
- Capacity for executing high quality work
- Results and outcomes focused
- Dynamic and agile thinker and operator.
- A focus on continuous learning and professional development
- Experience in dealing with Media outlets and journalists directly
- Trustworthy with a high level of integrity
- Politically and socially-aware.
This is a challenging role suitable to a candidate that is ready to learn and willing to get their sleeves rolled up and add value to this growing enterprise. Please contact Rosh James if you are ready for this new venture.
To apply please click apply or call Roshni James on 02 8289 3232 for a confidential discussion.