Stakeholder Engagement Advisor - Melbourne
Consultant Kris Gale
Date posted 8 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
ARTC plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. With over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, ARTC is one of Australia's largest rail network owners. The Inland Rail Programme is a 1710km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track.
The programme includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of: viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
As this exciting major infrastructure project continues to grow across Australia, an opportunity for two Stakeholder Engagement Advisors has been created to support the Inland Rail project through effective delivery of stakeholder and community engagement for the Victoria. Reporting to the Stakeholder Engagement Lead, these roles will assist the delivery of the communication and community relations program for the Tottenham to Albury Project. These roles will require regular travel to site for the project.
- Facilitate the development of strong support for Inland Rail through effective delivery of stakeholder and community engagement for the Tottenham to Albury Inland Rail project;
- Support engagement with Councils, landowners, local Members and community and industry associations;
- Assist in responses to enquiries, record all stakeholder interactions appropriately in Consultation Manager, support activities that enhance wider community understanding of the project, time-frames and opportunities for input;
- Collateral development support including writing project newsletters, fact sheets, project updates, FAQs for website and print;
- Understanding of digital media and digital technologies to support community engagement is desirable
- Identify issues, risks and opportunities and provide appropriate advice and/or strategies;
- Arrange land access meetings with ARTC's Property Team and landowners;
- Organise community and other stakeholder meetings, in line with strategic objectives and planning approvals pathway;
- Manage two-way feedback mechanisms including the 1800 number, email address and feedback from the website in collaboration with the relevant Stakeholder Engagement Lead - Inland Rail and/or State Stakeholder Engagement Manager - Inland Rail.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Previous experience in stakeholder and community engagement ideally within the infrastructure, transport or logistic sectors;
- High level verbal and written skills including the writing and delivery of communications materials;
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders in politically sensitive environments;
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills, with a capacity to respond to and manage changing priorities;
- Degree qualified in Journalism, Communications, PR or related field desired.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check. Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol free working environment.
**Please note that any direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Kristopher Gale at Robert Walters for consideration.**
To apply please click apply or call Kris Gale on 03 8628 2259 for a confidential discussion.