Stakeholder Engagement Lead
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Danielle Chirio
Date posted 8 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
ARTC plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. With over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, ARTC is one of Australia's largest rail network owners. The Inland Rail Programme is a 1710km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. As this exciting major infrastructure project continues to grow across Australia, an opportunity exists for Community Engagement Leads to join the team and lead the development and implementation of best practice community and stakeholder engagement plans, providing advice on the approvals process, emerging issues and drive necessary engagement with communities and other stakeholders to identify solutions.
- Engage with Councils, landowners, local Federal and State MPs and community and industry associations and develop or refine community engagement plans to support consultation and engagement
- Identify issues, risks and opportunities and provide appropriate strategies
- Support collateral development including project newsletters, fact sheets, project updates, FAQs for website and print
- Oversee project updates for print and digital media
- Support securing of land access and acquisition processes where appropriate
- Provide executive officer support functions for any formal or informal community consultation groups or similar established by Inland rail or by Government for Inland Rail, in line with planning approvals pathway
- Advise the State Stakeholder Engagement Manager of outcomes or issues arising from project meetings, project workshops, key stakeholder workshops, community consultative committee meetings, and social service providers forums
- Assist in managing responses to the feedback received through statutory and other consultation processes
- Lead and support engagement that is transparent, equitable and accessible, with adequate opportunities for stakeholders to comment and all interactions are appropriately managed and recorded
- Build relationships with stakeholders that promote effective dialogue with the Inland Rail Programme team
Key Skills Required:
- Strong experience in stakeholder and community engagement ideally within the infrastructure, transport or logistic sectors
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- High level verbal and written skills including the writing and delivery of strategies, plans and communications materials
- Working knowledge of digital media and digital technologies to support community engagement
- Demonstrated issues and risk management on complex projects
- Ability to work with diverse internal and external stakeholders in politically sensitive environments
- Demonstrated creative thinking and problem-solving skills, with a capacity to respond to and manage changing priorities
- Qualifications in Communications or similar field
- The successful candidates can either be regional or city based, but will required to travel regularly and will be expected to spend extended periods of time living and working in their project areas.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check. Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol free working environment.
**Please note that any direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Danielle Chirio at Robert Walters for consideration.**
To apply please click apply or call Danielle Chirio on +61 02 8289 3183 for a confidential discussion.