Consultant Alex Mason
Date posted 16 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. We manage and operate over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making us one of Australia's largest rail network owners. The Inland Rail Programme is a 1710km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The programme includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of: viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au. About the Position: As Communications Advisor for ARTC, you'll be tasked to provide high quality communications advice, support and tactical implementation across all genres and channels both print and digital to support the successful delivery of the Inland Rail Programme.
- Write, edit and proofread copy for communications, ensuring messages are consistent and align with our objectives
- Provide advice and guidance on appropriate content, structure, language and presentation/design of materials to achieve intended outcomes for our audiences
- Develop and manage our communications projects, ensuring compliance with relevant ARTC and Australian Government branding and advertising policies
- Work with internal clients to take briefs, assess communications needs and deliver solutions to them
- Significantly contribute to the planning, development and implementation of our communications strategies, policies, guidelines and messages
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness and reach of our communication projects through surveys, data analytics, user research and communications audits
- Write, edit and proofread content for industry communications and industry presentations by our executive ensuring messages are consistent and align with our objectives
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (Communications, Arts, or Graphic Design) and / or proven experience in public relations or corporate communication role.
- Proven skills in the delivery of high quality communications services in a technical environment – preferably in a large project environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Strong understanding of current online engagement concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining online communication tools including social media platforms, e-newsletters, websites, intranet and the use of social collaboration tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and negotiating abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of the end to end production of communications.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol free working environment.
** Please note that any direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Alex Mason at Robert Walters for consideration.**
To apply please click apply or call Alex Mason on 02 8289 3198 for a confidential discussion.