ARTC Government Relations Advisor
Consultant Danielle Chirio
Date posted 16 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
ARTC plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. With over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, ARTC is one of Australia's largest rail network owners. The Inland Rail Programme is a 1710km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The programme includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of: viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au. As this exciting major infrastructure project continues to grow across Australia, an opportunity exists for an experienced Government Relations Advisor to join the team and provide high level strategic advice to internal and external stakeholders and effective management of key Government relationships.
- Work with Inland Rail leadership teams to establish Stakeholder, State and Federal government customer & industry communications and engagement activities and events to support their stakeholder engagement priorities;
- Act as single point ownership of Corporate partnerships and memberships and sponsorships maximise ARTC’s investment through speaking opportunities, events etc;
- Establish and oversee appropriate systems for monitoring, measurement and reporting to provide the Manager Stakeholder Engagement with regular intelligence on Inland Rail’s relationships with its stakeholders;
- Work with the Leadership teams to develop external communications strategies, campaigns to support their customer, commercial and business objectives;
- Provide strategic support and advice to the Leadership Team and Senior Management Team on matters relating to Stakeholder Relations and Government Engagement;
- Analyse and understand the political environment and advise on, and take action to manage the potential impact on ARTC’s business including future stakeholder expectations and likely government and regulatory responses;
- Liaise with relevant areas of ARTC to ensure support is provided on business issues and insights/advice on Government Relations is provided to assist business decisions.
- Responsible for the development and supporting the delivery of briefings to government stakeholders and industry leaders to ensure that ARTC is effectively placed and that ARTC’s reputation is high level.
- Ensure high level proactive and reactive stakeholder relationships for ARTC are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with ARTC’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements, responsibilities, authorities and accountability's.
- Promote a safety culture within the team to conform with current Work Health and Safety (WHS) and relevant Rail Safety Legislation
- High demonstration of professional experience in Corporate Affairs, Policy, Government Relations;
- Strong network of relevant industry, business and government contacts;
- Excellent written and verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prepare and evaluate complex reports and documents;
- Ability to deal with multiple complex issues pertaining to Inland with sensitivity whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Degree qualified in Journalism, Communications, PR or related field;
- Ability to travel interstate when required
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check. Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol free working environment.
**Please note that any direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Danielle Chirio at Robert Walters for consideration.**
To apply please click apply or call Danielle Chirio on +61 02 8289 3183 for a confidential discussion.