NSW Media Lead
Consultant Danielle Chirio
Date posted 14 May 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
ARTC plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. With over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, ARTC is one of Australia's largest rail network owners. The Inland Rail Programme is a 1710km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The programme includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of: viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au. Reporting to the Media Manager, as the Media Lead NSW, you will oversee, implement and monitor media strategy and tasks for ARTC with a core role to supporting the Inland Rail project’s needs in NSW. In this integral role, the Media Lead NSW will ensure high level proactive and reactive media relations services for the Inland Rail and ARTC are monitored and maintained always. As the Media Lead NSW, you will be responsible for supporting critical communications projects as required.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Day-to-day media team accountability and issues management, including responding and managing media enquiries and driving proactive media opportunities;
- Active media monitoring and assessment of media and communications issues and provide appropriate strategic advice that supports the objectives of ARTC and Inland Rail;
- Draft and implement strategic media and communications plans to reach diverse audiences including regional, state, national and industry;
- Develop and build strategic relationships with key journalists and influencers;
- Support the ARTC Corporate Affairs team with forward planning, campaign development, social media strategy and stakeholder communications;
- Create, commission and distribute media collateral including media releases, fact sheets, talking points, photos, video and audio and other content as required;
- Create compelling content for a variety of channels including online and social media;
- Provide coaching, interview preparation & interview review for ARTC media spokespeople;
- Assist as needed in the Government Relations aspects of media and issues management;
- Work with team members to develop speeches and presentations, identify speaking and networking opportunities for the Corporate and Inland Rail leadership team and other technical experts and specialists.
Key Skills Required:
- Minimum five years’ experience in a media facing role;
- Strong network of relevant industry, business and media contacts;
- Excellent written and verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to apply strategic level thinking, problem solving and decision making to the resolution of complex issues, and to steer media and government stakeholders through this process;
- The ability to work effectively with photographers, film makers and multimedia agencies to produce proactive media products for a range of platforms;
- Experience in developing corporate and project/issue specific social media strategies and campaigns;
- Degree qualified in Journalism, Communications, PR or related field;
- Ability to travel interstate when required.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check. Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol free working environment.
**Please note that any direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Danielle Chirio at Robert Walters for consideration.**
To apply please click apply or call Danielle Chirio on +61 02 8289 3183 for a confidential discussion.