Stakeholder Engagement Advisor
Consultant Danielle Chirio
Date posted 9 May 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. We manage and operate over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making us one of Australia's largest rail network owners. The Inland Rail Programme is a 1710km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The programme includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of: viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
Supporting the Stakeholder Engagement Lead, the Stakeholder Engagement Advisor will facilitate development of strong support for Inland Rail through the effective delivery of stakeholder and community engagement for an assigned section/s of the Project in NSW.
- Facilitate the development of strong support for Inland Rail through effective delivery of stakeholder and community engagement for the project;
- Support engagement with Councils, landowners, local Members and community and industry associations;
- Assist in responses to enquiries, record all stakeholder interactions appropriately in Consultation Manager, support activities that enhance wider community understanding of the project, time-frames and opportunities for input;
- Collateral development support including writing project newsletters, fact sheets, project updates, FAQs for website and print;
- Understanding of digital media and digital technologies to support community engagement is desirable
- Identify issues, risks and opportunities and provide appropriate advice and/or strategies;
- Arrange land access meetings with ARTC's Property Team and landowners;
- Organise community and other stakeholder meetings, in line with strategic objectives and planning approvals pathway;
- Manage two-way feedback mechanisms including the 1800 number, email address and feedback from the website in collaboration with the relevant Stakeholder Engagement Lead - Inland Rail and/or State Stakeholder Engagement Manager - Inland Rail.
- Prior stakeholder engagement, preferable in infrastructure but not essential
- Experience with writing and delivering communications materials
- The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated creative thinking and problem solving skills
- The capacity to respond to and manage changing priorities
- Working knowledge and involvement with digital media and digital technologies will also be highly regarded
- Complimenting your skills and experience will be tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as, communications, arts, environment
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol free working environment.
** Please note that any direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Danielle Chirio at Robert Walters for consideration.**
To apply please click apply or call Danielle Chirio on +61 02 8289 3183 for a confidential discussion.