Global Regulatory Affairs Manager
Salary attractive package
Consultant Oliver Molinari
Date posted 13 September 2018 2018-09-132018-10-12 marketing 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Energy Developments Pty Limited (EDL) is an Australian based, international provider of safe, clean, low greenhouse gas emissions energy, renewable and remote energy solutions. Specialising in Clean and Remote Energy and operating portfolio of power stations across the globe, EDL uses a range of fuel sources operating in five main areas including Landfill gas, Waste coal mine gas, Wind and solar power generation, Remote energy and Liquefied natural gas. Responsible for providing and selling electricity to a range of energy and resource organisations globally, EDL are focused on significantly increasing its installed generation capacity through facility upgrades and the development of new power stations.
As EDL grow their brand and client portfolio globally, an opportunity has been created as the Global Regulatory Affairs Manager based in the Brisbane office. In this hands-on role, the Global Regulatory Affairs Manager will be responsible for the global implementation and management of the Regulatory Strategy and supporting the Global Head of Corporate Affairs to provide expert advice and advocacy across jurisdictions. The Global Regulatory Affairs Manager is a standalone role where the successful candidate would ideally have an understanding of policy and regulatory issues within the Energy sector.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monitor emerging global and Australian policy and regulatory issues which may impact EDL’s business;
- Provide strategic advice on policy and regulatory issues to manage risks and create value;
- Provide advocacy for EDL, to promote EDL’s interests and create opportunities through relationship building with local, state and federal governments;
- Collect and coordinate information and prepare submissions on regulatory matters impacting EDL’s business, advise on submission strategy
- Attend industry working groups to engage with and advance EDL’s interests;
- Establish and maintain a system for tracking submissions to government agencies and for changes in documentation submitted to government agencies;
- Develop relationships with industry counterparts and customers to create opportunities for EDL to make acquisitions of non-core assets;
- Assist the ELT to identify and respond to regulatory impacts on the business through policy review and advocacy;
- Manage external consultants to assist in monitoring regulatory risks and support;
- Support the Global Head of Corporate Affairs to deliver Corporate Affairs support globally;
- Develop internal and external relationships to support the objectives of the Corporate Affairs function Support and comply with Company policies and procedures as advised and documented in the Company’s employment policies as amended from time to time and as directed by Managers/Supervisors.
Key Skills Required:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in public affairs, law, policy or a related field;
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role;
- Proven strategic approach to Government Relations and Corporate Affairs more generally;
- Experience in managing projects and a demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in monitoring regulation and policy and aligning to business impact;
- Networks and contacts to support advocacy efforts will be recognised;
- Knowledge of the energy industry generally and the Australian electricity market specifically;
- Thorough understanding of the operations of Governments and bureaucracies;
- Interpersonal skills to work with and support the CEO and Executive Leadership Team to implement, manage and measure advocacy efforts.
This is an exceptional opportunity to develop and grow your career with a market leader operating in the Renewable Energy sector.
To apply please click apply or call Oliver Molinari on +61 (7) 3032 2291 for a confidential discussion.