Global Communications Manager
Salary Attractive package
Consultant Oliver Molinari
Date posted 12 September 2018 2018-09-122018-10-12 marketing 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Energy Developments Pty Limited (EDL) is an Australian based, international provider of safe, clean, low greenhouse gas emissions energy, renewable and remote energy solutions. Specialising in Clean and Remote Energy and operating portfolio of power stations across the globe, EDL uses a range of fuel sources operating in five main areas including Landfill gas, Waste coal mine gas, Wind and solar power generation, Remote energy and Liquefied natural gas. Responsible for providing and selling electricity to a range of energy and resource organisations globally, EDL are focused on significantly increasing its installed generation capacity through facility upgrades and the development of new power stations.
As EDL continues to grow their portfolio globally, an exciting position has been created for an experienced Global Communications Manager to join the Corporate Affairs team based in Brisbane. As the Global Communications Manager, you will be responsible for the implementation and management of the Communications Strategy as well as supporting the Global Head of Corporate Affairs to strategically raise the profile of EDL with external and internal stakeholders. As the Global Communications Manager, you will be a self-starter with high level of attention to detail, initiative, sound judgement and ability to work both independently and in a team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Implement the external and internal communications strategy and measure outcomes against strategy objectives;
- Support the CEO and ELT to undertake strategic external communications with stakeholders and through direct communications;
- Implement and monitor social media strategy and activity;
- Ensure the company delivers professional, consistent, accurate and timely external and internal communications across the globe;
- Ensure the company uses strategic, appropriate and effective platforms for communications;
- Implement processes, policies and guidelines to ensure consistency of messaging across the Group;
- Ensure the company uses effective communications to enhance its image and reputation;
- Undertake strategic media relations and media monitoring to support business goals;
- Support the Global Head of Corporate Affairs to deliver Corporate Affairs support globally;
- Develop internal and external relationships to support the objectives of the Corporate Affairs function.
Key Skills Required:
- Degree qualified in journalism, communications, marketing or a similar discipline;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role within communications;
- Excellent written skills including experience in copywriting for different media and target audiences (print, e-news, websites, social media, speeches, reports etc.);
- Proven working knowledge of digital and social media and brand management;
- Proven communications experience in a global corporate setting will be very well-regarded
- Experience in managing communication projects and a demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of strategic communications principles and practices and demonstrated ability in applying that knowledge in a multi-regional organisation;
- Interpersonal skills to work with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team to implement manage and measure a range of communications initiatives and channels;
- Able to travel interstate when required.
This is an exceptional opportunity to develop and grow your career with a market leader operating in the Renewable Energy sector.
To apply please click apply or call Oliver Molinari on +61 (7) 3032 2291 for a confidential discussion.