Salary AUD48 - AUD49 per hour
Location Inner Suburbs BrisbaneCONTRACTOR
Consultant Rachel Hutchcroft
Date posted 28 September 2018 2018-09-282018-10-28 public-sector-and-housing 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
About the role The Office of the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur is part of the Queensland Government’s Advance Queensland initiative. The purpose of this Office is to grow the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Queensland by encouraging startups and assisting their growth by connecting entrepreneurs, investors and mentors. This newly created role is an exciting opportunity based in the Precinct, Queensland’s largest startup hub. The Precinct is currently expanding and will be home to 40 startup businesses by the end of the year. The Community Manager's purpose is to engage with the tenants within the Precinct to develop relationships, build internal networks and encourage collaboration between the tenants and the wider entrepreneurial community. You will be working in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, having a real impact on the growth and evolution of the Precinct’s members.
• Create a cohesive community through developing initiatives that encourage collaboration between the tenants of The Precinct
• Arrange community activities and events for the tenants of The Precinct
• Maintain an in depth knowledge and understanding of the current tenants, ensuring that you understand their aims and what they are looking to achieve
• Engage with local businesses and entrepreneurs to build a community beyond the tenants in The Precinct
• Facilitate visits to the Precinct by external stakeholders and interested parties
• Displayed prior experience in building successful community relationships over time
• Ability to use your own initiative and be a self-starter who can work independently
• Displayed high level communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience in problem solving in previous roles
To apply please click apply or call Rachel Hutchcroft on +61 7 30322284 for a confidential discussion.