Stakeholder Engagement Lead
Consultant Kris Gale
Date posted 6 November 2018 2018-11-062018-12-06 building-and-construction 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
With Victoria leading the country in infrastructure upgrades, it is no surprise that an exciting opportunity exists for a Stakeholder Engagement Lead to work on one of the largest infrastructure projects in Victoria. Reporting to the Manager Stakeholder Engagement, this highly integral position will be based in Melbourne where you will be a key point of contact in the community and play a pivotal role in the delivery of the project.
As the Stakeholder Engagement Lead, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of best practice community and stakeholder engagement plans, providing advice on the approvals process, emerging issues and drive necessary engagement with communities and other stakeholders to identify solutions. You will also be involved in representing the business in community forums, developing communications materials and engaging with local government and media.
- Support the team in the implementation of community and stakeholder engagement requirements across a portfolio of projects;
- Engage with local communities and stakeholders, through written, phone and in-person communications;
- Provide executive officer support functions for any ‘Community Liaison Groups’ or similar, in line with planning approvals pathway;
- Assist with corporate communications activities such as political engagements, press releases, sponsorship and branding activities.
- Identify issues, risks and opportunities and provide appropriate strategies
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Journalism, Communications, PR or related field
- Valid driving licence.
- Experience of liaising with local communities and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of effective community engagement principles and techniques for rural communities.
- Demonstrated team leadership experience; along with experience in issues and risk management on complex projects;
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders in politically sensitive environments
- High level verbal and written skills including the writing and delivery of strategies, plans and communications materials;
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Stakeholder Engagement professional to take their career to the next level whilst working on one of Australia’s largest infrastructure project. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary package, bonus structure but most importantly an opportunity to work for a forward thinking and entrepreneurial engagement team.
To apply please click apply or call Kris Gale on 03 8628 2259 for a confidential discussion.