External Communications Advisor
Salary Competitive salary
Location Macquarie ParkFULL_TIME
Consultant Imogen Clark
Date posted 10 January 2019 2019-01-102019-02-05 marketing Macquarie Park New South Wales AU AUD 80000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Brilliant opportunity to join the Corporate Affairs team at a leading telecommunications company. The role will be reporting to the Corporate Affairs Managers to implement strategies and campaigns that support business programs with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as first point of contact for media and respond to media enquiries.
- Manage media and issues monitoring.
- Keep up-to-date with the companies initiatives, industry issues and media movements
- Source and distil complex information into relevant, useful and targeted copy for employee and media audiences.
- Work with the Corporate Affairs Managers and other colleagues to implement effective PR and media communications campaigns.
- Develop external communications strategies which reinforce the company brand, and drive an understanding of the company’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with a range of business units, including senior management.
- Formulate corporate messages, media materials, online communications, presentations, internal and external social media content.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of communication channels by researching and using emerging technologies and platforms
- Develop, maintain and improve positive media coverage in a wide range of media, including print, online, radio, television and social media.
- Provide consistent and appropriate corporate imagery and branding elements to all corporate affairs communications, including directing photo-shoots.
- 3-5 year's experience in a communications or PR role within a large corporate, government or agency environment
- A basic understanding of the telecommunications sector, media, politics and how each of them works/interacts.
- Ability to maintain and build on already established relationships with media, and other relevant groups influencing public opinion
- Adaptable writing style across a range of channels
- Project management skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- High attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Think laterally and be solutions oriented
To apply please click apply or call Imogen Clark on +61 2 8289 3164 for a confidential discussion.