Senior Communications Manager
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Luke Maslin
Date posted 8 October 20192019-10-08 2019-11-07 financial-services Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As part of the Corporate Affairs function of this leading domestic bank, you will work closely with the Head of Communications and other colleagues to deliver divisional communication strategies, group wide campaigns and initiatives. You will provide advice and communications program to support exec leaders across the 'group' functions (e.g. HR, Risk, Finance, Legal & Secretariat, Customer & Corporate Relations & GroupTech) involving a mix of internal and external communications.
- Help lead the implementation of divisional communication strategies to educate and engage employees in the division’s strategy, vision and values.
- Proactively identify issues which may impact employees and work closely with the peers to develop integrated communication plans
- Manage division-wide channel and messaging, ensuring all activity is aligned to the broader Group Communication strategy.
- Work with the broader Corporate Communications team on tailoring Group-wide employee initiatives,
- Provide support for Group-wide communication activity and events, as required.
- Work closely with peers across Corporate Communication and Media Relations and Government Affairs to ensure integrated internal / external communication strategies are developed
- Manage division-wide channels and messages, ensuring they meet best practice communication standards and are continuously improved to meet the needs of brand
- Work with the Head of Business Partnering to provide communication counsel and support to relevant Group Business Unit leadership teams (General Managers).
- Manage key communication events that support divisional communication strategies.
You will be an proven integrated communications professional (internal and external) with experience in large, complex service based organisations who possesses exceptional stakeholder management, business acumen, problem solving skills and technical ability.
- 8+ years integrated communications experience from in-house positions. Worked successfully within large, regulated organisations with complex reputation issues- financial services preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication ability.
- Highly developed commercial acumen.
- Strategic thinking, flexibility, ability to respond to short deadlines, operates independently and effectively in an unstructured work environment.
- Ability to proactively identify issues before they arise and develop strategies to minimise reputation risk.
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships with senior executives and a range of stakeholders and business partners.
- Proactive team player with proven ability to collaborate with others to achieve goals.
- Strong creativity and ability to develop communications and events that engage employees.
- Blue chip brand
- Diverse communications role with exposure to senior level
- High performing team and career development opportunities
To apply please click apply or call Luke Maslin on 02 8289 3233 for a confidential discussion.