Internal Communications Executive
Location Melbourne CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Mark Constable
Date posted 3 November 20192019-11-03 2019-12-03 public-sector-and-housing Melbourne CBD Victoria Collins Street AU AUD 300 500 500 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, an independent wealth manager, is looking for an Internal Communications Specialist to join the business on a 12 month contract. This role will predominately focus on written content, however there will also be a need to create videos and other media content. The successful candidate will have 2-3 years experience within Communications, ideally with a mix of written and video production examples.
About The Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior internal communications executive who is looking to step up into a more digitally aligned position. The role is heavily focused on written communications, however there will be a need to produce videos and other multimedia pieces. Responsibilities will include:
- Write, edit and proof-read content for a range of internal channels.
- Research, interview and draft articles on a regular basis that are aligned to the clients objectives, purpose and values.
- Produce video content for digital platforms that is engaging and effective, supplying written scripts as required.
- Displays sound editorial judgement, understanding what makes engaging content, making recommendations to stakeholders on messaging and channel selection.
- Produce written content for a variety of audience types.
- Record videos, as well as performing basic editing of footage to create content for digital platforms.
- Basic photography, able to structure photographs/images to support written content.
- Use the Content Management Systems; track readership and visitor numbers to assess content effectiveness.
About The Candidate
The successful candidate will have a passion for communications, with a particular focus on internal/employee engagement. The client is looking for someone who can own a significant program of work, working with with senior stakeholders to produce engaging content across a range of channels.
- Tertiary qualified in communication, journalism, marketing or similar relevant discipline.
- Relevant experience with MS Project, Jira, SharePoint, PowerBI, Confluence & Objective highly desirable
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar Internal Communications role.
- Demonstrated ability producing engaging written content.
- Demonstrated experience developing and editing video content.
- Familiarity with video editing software, such as Premier, or similar.
- Experience within a financial services environment, especially funds management, an advantage.
About the Company
Our client is an independent wealth fund based in Melbourne's CBD
To apply please click apply or call Mark Constable on 03 8628 2113 for a confidential discussion.