Events Program Manager
Consultant Alex Mason
Date posted 13 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Events Program Manager in Sydney is responsible for all of the firm’s sponsored event management including: Events bookings and P&L, event logistics coordination, event marketing collateral production, onsite event management and active as sponsor liaison. You'll be required to deliver successful events that receive positive feedback from attendees and sponsors whilst delivering the requisite profit margin via active budget management.
- The Events Program Manager will be responsible for Events Product Group Bookings and P&L targets for Australia
- Proactively work with sales to engage customer sponsors and attendees.
- Proactively working with analysts and marketing on event content and agenda development
- Maintenance of an events competitor database
- Develop the event brief and welcome kit
- Provide event updates internally & externally, post event report meeting
- Work on securing venues and negotiating venue hire and catering requirements for events in line with budgets
- Negotiate event staging with suppliers/vendors/partners
- Develop and work with IT&T industry Associations to organize association partnerships
- Identify suitable media partners for each sponsored event
- Topic Research to determine the commercial viability of conference ideas for the team
- Maintain and develop external relations with key suppliers and clients to negotiate contracts and nurture business networks
- Onsite event management of speakers and venue
- Achieve event registration numbers and maintain reporting
- Sponsor Liaison Management
- Coordinate with Marketing and/or external agencies to develop event marketing material
- Develop and maintain an effective media relations program and acting as the main contact point for creating and distributing local press releases, handling media inquiries, pitching for media interviews and editorial write-up
- Strong background within Marketing Events essential. As the Events Program Manager, you'll come up with concepulisation, strategy and execution.
- IT/Technology background highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability for budget management in a previous position.
To apply please click apply or call Alex Mason on 02 8289 3198 for a confidential discussion.