International Conference Manager
Salary AUD100,000 - AUD140,000 per annum + SuperFULL_TIME
Consultant Victoria Clarke
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-01 marketing 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000
The Conference Manager is responsible for the overall profitability of the Conferences organised by him/herself. From the beginning of a project to final reporting, this position requires that total satisfaction of the client is provided as well as enhancing the professional image of the company. In this role you will be responsible to plan and manage 4 International Conferences, from start to finish as a sole operator. Lovely Sydney CBD offices, small friendly team and great flexibility.
This exciting opportunity is only suited to someone who has 5+ years Conference experience - must be Conference and not only Events!
Working in a office of up to 10 people, reporting directly into the CEO.
You will be sole operator for the International Conference division, working closely alongside the Events & Sponsorship Manager.
Sydney CBD Offices, flexible working hours - must be available to help and support the Events Manager at some events.
Must be able to travel Internationally for the UK conferences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Manages conferences efficiently, effectively and with total quality control.
- Keeps up-to-date daily on the status of all his/her conferences and meetings and client relationships.
- Reviews incoming mail, messages and emails and resolves issues.
- Plans, monitors and reports on budgets as well as status for each conference.
- Manage client relationships to enhance the image of the company.
- Up-sells International Conference Services and related products to produce future business.
- Prepares time-lines, critical path and monitors these activities throughout the duration of the project.
- Prepares and maintains the budget and all financial procedures.
- Has full knowledge of complete duties pertaining to conference management as set out below:
- Audio-Visual and Multi Media Management
- Conference Sponsorship
- Exhibition Sales and Management
- Financial and Budget Management
- Full Logistical & Meeting Management
- Guest and Spousal Programs
- Housing and Accommodation bookings
- Pre and Post Conference reports
- Pre-conference, online and on-site registration
- Speaker Management
- Collecting Bio’s
- Transportation management
- Negotiates contracts on behalf of clients with hotels, suppliers, etc.
- Ensures quality control in all operations.
- Candidate’s ability to perform each of the duties outlined in the job description satisfactorily
- A diploma or degree in marketing, business administration or similar (Adjustments will be made for candidates with solid relevant work experience)
- A minimum of 5 year's experience in organising conferences
- Experience in creating and managing conference/events budgets
- Ability to work well with clients and respond to inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner. Ability to work with clients of different cultures and with different expectations. Ability to address client’s ideas, suggestions and concerns and implement whenever possible
- Exceptional communication skills and customer service.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Programs
- Ability to travel internationally; England
Desired but not essential:
- Experience working internationally
- Ideally experience with InDesign & Saleforce
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to take that next step in running their own division, but with the experience behind them to do so!
MUST HAVE FULL WORKING RIGHTS - NO WORKING HOLIDAY VISA'S ACCEPTED
To apply please click apply or call Victoria Clarke on 02 8289 3231 for a confidential discussion.