Consultant Alex Mason
Date posted 14 March 2019 2019-03-142019-04-12 education-and-training Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 50 70 70 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
To be successful in the role, you will be an Events Manager who can help streamline the planning and delivery of events, with an eye for the efficient management of resources to maximise attendance, and profits for all Events. You will be required to work closely with the team to ensure the quality of events enhance the reputation of the business. The Events Manager will also need brilliant people management and coaching skills required to implement some changes to current practice to align with industry standard best practice for event delivery, and create a positive working environment for the unit.
- Prepare event and program status and evaluation reports.
- Keep abreast of developments in the events management best practice.
- Manage the professional delivery and execution of events utilising a project management approach, with timely sourcing of venues; coordinating speakers; managing RSVPs; liaising with volunteers, staff and suppliers; managing timelines and meeting regularly with event owners and key staff; budget control; and preparing event Order of Proceedings and briefing notes.
- Develop an overarching annual budget and financial targets for the following year.
- Deploy extensive professional experience, skills and know-how in order to produce, execute and manage a range of events including small events, large VIP events and international events.
- Extensive experience in and detailed knowledge of event management and strategy including formal event protocols and management of dignitaries and high profile individuals.
- Outstanding project management skills with the capacity to conceptualise and implement innovative event programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders. Strong skills in influencing and negotiation with stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of professionals to achieve high standards of client service delivery and team work.
To apply please click apply or call Alex Mason on 02 8289 3198 for a confidential discussion.