Event Coordinator - Part-Time
Location Eastern Suburbs MelbourneFULL_TIME
Consultant Kris Gale
Date posted 2 October 20192019-10-04 2019-11-01 marketing Box Hill Victoria AU 3218 AUD 50000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The successful candidate will have significant experience managing a broad range of events, ideally in a variety of locations. This will include Vendor management and rate negotiations.
About the Role
The Event Coordinator will have the responsibility of managing all internal and external events across APAC. This is a part-time role, 3 days per week. The successful candidate will:
- Plan each event with attention to financial and time constraints.
- Book venues and research external vendors (audio visual, team building, catering, etc) and choose the best combination of quality and cost.
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favourable terms.
- Manage all event operations (registrations, preparing venue, etc).
- Complete final checks on the day of the event to ensure everything meets standards.
- Act quickly to resolve any issues that may come through before, during or after the event.
- Evaluate event’s success and create summary reports.
- Asia Pacific Customer Education Conference
- Asia Pacific Consultants’ Forum
- Asia Pacific Sales Meetings
- Asia Pacific Support Meeting
- Oceania End of Year Event
- ASEAN End of Year Events
- Sales Roadshows / Exhibitions
About the Candidate
The successful candidate will need to have significant experience in event management. This will be an autonomous role, reporting into senior management, it is therefore important that the candidate is happy in ambiguous environments and can make key decisions where appropriate. Other requirements include:
- Degree in hospitality management, marketing or related areas.
- Part-Time, 3 days a week.
- Proven experience as an Event Coordinator.
- A proven track record of organising successful events, conferences and roadshows
- Excellent vendor management skills.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
- Well-organised with multi-tasking skills.
- Able to work under strict deadlines.
- Problem-solving ability.
To apply please click apply or call Kris Gale on 03 8628 2259 for a confidential discussion.