Marketing and Communications Manager
Location St Leonards
Consultant Henry Smith
Date posted 8 November 2016
Deliver innovative marketing and communications strategies and tactics to meet organisational goals by leading the national marketing function to plan, develop and execute results driven, online and offline marketing and communication plans which drive supporter acquisition and engagement and support donor cultivation and growth for the wide range of programs and campaigns.
JDRF Australia has a clear and simple mission to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes and its complications. You will be empowered to find innovative ways to achieve this mission in a results driven culture that values collaboration, team work and integrity. You will have a clear understanding of how your efforts contribute towards finding a cure for type 1 diabetes and improving lives along the way.
- Deliver marketing plans to successfully support organisational goals
- Lead the implementation of marketing activities including digital marketing, social media, collateral, media and public relations across our range of programs and campaigns .
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships with program managers and initiative leads to ensure successful marketing & communications services are provided and meet the agreed marketing goals on time, within budget
- Understand the community and stakeholders needs, experience and behaviours by effectively utilising data and research including, CRM, web/social analytics, surveys and use the insights to inform marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Manage relationships with external and internal suppliers to ensure key deliverables are met for funding campaigns and other programs
- Monitor, review and manage the organisations social media presence and content
- Execute on agreed communications strategies to support brand positioning
- Develop, implement and monitor national communications plan (both internal and external)
- Monitoring, reporting and continuous improvement
- Effectively monitor campaign and program measures, analytics and insights to deliver value for money in marketing initiatives, drive change and continuous improvement
- Develop and manage budgets providing regular reconciliation and reporting
- Identify, pursue and develop sources of support and marketing direction by continually looking outside and within the broader JDRF group to find inspiration from social media, digital, customer experience, creative design and competitors to develop and implement new and innovative strategies and tactics
- Oversee management of a team providing leadership, direction and development
- Be a leader and active participant in organizational and team goals to ensure marketing activity is executed and workload is shared among the team
- Undertake other duties consistent with the position
- opportunities for role development on an expanded brand strategy and narrative to support strategic plan as required
Experience and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in a senior marketing role including success in developing multi-faceted marketing and communications strategies (including digital / social media) for fundraising programs (and/or B2B or consumer) with experience in end to end campaign management
- Ability to manage and inspire a team to generate strong performance against diverse range of goals
- Perform budget determination, management and reporting tasks
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis to interpret and use for relevant marketing
- Engage and influence stakeholders and effective participant in cross functional projects
- Understanding of marketing trends and challenges within the NFP sector would be desirable
- Tertiary qualification in related field
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including peers, employees, volunteers and external organisations
- A great brand person, with digital know how, understanding of how fundraising and/or B2B marketing works and the ability to just make it happen
- Advanced and proven problem solving skills, and ability to think laterally, creatively and strategically
- Very high level of attention to detail and accuracy with a proactive approach to minimise errors and increase efficiencies.
- Positive and accountable participant in team work with excellent organisational and project management skills
- A resourceful approach to budget determination and management
- The ability to promote and activate interest amongst prospective partners / supporters in the goals and progress of JDRF
- Strong negotiation, objection handling and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use and interpret information from multiple systems/sources.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (esp. Excel, Word, & Outlook), database searches
- Demonstrated ability to work with and utilise multiple platforms including CRM and Web CMS
To apply please click apply or call Henry Smith on +61 2 8289 3131 for a confidential discussion.