General Manager, Communications & Marketing
Consultant Luke Maslin
Date posted 28 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
As a senior leader in the business you will be responsible for the development and delivery of all strategies and activities in relation to growing ARTC’s reputation and brand through communications and marketing. Reporting directly into the Group Executive, you will manage and develop a team and play a significant part in supporting the company to achieve its reputation and stakeholder priorities including ARTC’s reputation as a leader in the transport industry through the delivery of the once in a generation Inland Rail Programme.
Background & Overview:
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) has engaged Robert Walters to recruit for a ‘General Manager, Communications and Marketing.’ ARTC plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. With over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, ARTC is one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
ARTC has also been tasked to deliver the once in a generation Inland Rail Programme, a 1700km rail infrastructure project connecting Melbourne to Brisbane and providing a road competitive transport connection which will meet Australia’s growing freight challenge.
Requiring the construction of new track and upgrades to existing track, the successful delivery of Inland Rail relies on strong community and stakeholder support across the length of the alignment, but also among producers, freight owners, rail operators, regulators and all levels of Government. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
- Develop and implement a communications and marketing strategy to support ARTC’s successful delivery the Inland Rail Programme
- Set the strategy, policies and framework integrated brand, marketing, corporate communications, internal communications and digital activities across the business
- Drive the development of a digital and social strategy to enhance engagement with key stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver high quality marketing collateral and stakeholder communications collateral and activities through a variety of channels
- Manage relationships with external agencies and suppliers in relation to marketing, communications and business development initiatives
- Contribute to the development and achievement of the company’s Corporate Plan priorities
- Lead and develop a small team with the view to grow over time
To be successful in this role, you will have extensive experience (10+ years) in developing and executing marketing and communications strategy and activities with exposure to government/infrastructure. You will also require:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications, Public relations, journalism, management or business related disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and leading a team of marketing and communications professionals
- A broad skill set and experience in marketing and communications especially brand management, design and digital content
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive marketing and communications strategies across all channels
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and delivery of marketing collateral, and other types of print, electronic, and social media, as well as proven capacity in PR and media relations
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders across various locations and business areas
- Demonstrated ability to establish business plans, goals and objectives that complement the overall direction of an organisation, including a demonstrated competence in developing and meeting key business/ performance objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and establish professional strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent leadership, organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise competing demands.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC's medical fitness standards relative to the position. ARTC is a drug and alcohol free working environment.
**Please note that any direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Luke Maslin at Robert Walters for consideration.**
To apply please click apply or call Luke Maslin on 02 8289 3233 for a confidential discussion.